Monday 3 January 2011

new year, new me... ye right!


Happy new year to all. As you might have figured by the picture, my van dyke days are now over.
My attention is now firmly fixed on two things, first my book I promised my self that I would finish the first draft by Christmas and failed miserably. So now I play catch up. To date I have completed seventy-two thousand words and I think their is at least thirty-thousand more before the finishing gate.
New year Resolutions
  • Resolution number one

One thousand words a day from this point on, I should by them numbers be finished by the beginning of February. Now I'm not a bad writer and never suffer from writers block, I average between fifteen hundred and two thousand words in a three hour sitting. I have scheduled 7pm-9pm every day with no disturbances from family members.
  • Resolution number two
I'm looking for a tattoo for my upper arm. I had one about three years ago but my brother did it and although I'm very grateful,  it needs going over. I like sculls, is this to Goth? After all I am no Goth and never will be. Adding to this I love roses, did I say I am no Goth, I'm starting to sound like one though. I will give you a full description of what I want then you can decide - A scull with a rose between it's teeth the stem curves round to the bottom beneath the chin where the words eternal love, then it curve's beneath again to the name Joanne then Matthew then James. Across the top of the scull a small chain of roses broken with the letters L.u.k.e. always with me.
All in shades of black with the rose petals in a red. Some White stars scattered round too. The names are my children and my wife. I was thinks of changing the scull for let's say an infinity symbol but it looks a bit lame and would not cover up the existing tattoo very well. Here is a picture of the existing tattoo.
















The tattoo is from a program called Stargate, the symbol for a system lord or something. Don't ask why, I don't know. It looked good at the time. So now you can see why I'm questioning my judgement on this, my track record points to the scull might be a bad idea. By the way my kids keep drawing a little girls face on it, then a triangle body with stick arms and legs. Much fun I'm sure, but for a six foot two inch man a tattoo of a little girls face will do nothing for my rep, what rep I have that is.  If you read this post then please comment, or maybe let me know your resolutions.

1 comment:

  1. please do something with it im sick of looking at that silly thing on your arm... im going to read some more of your book tonight.. im really enjoying it.. there message left...love you

    ReplyDelete